[Healeys] BN2 H4 SU rebuild

Subject: [Healeys] BN2 H4 SU rebuild
From: hypercubic at yahoo.co.uk (mike brooks)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 13:13:25 +0000 (UTC)
?Thanks for the help and apologies if I have missed anyone out.The job is done
and the carbs and manifold back on the 100 and it starts! Not tuned yet. That's
for tomorrow. I've used the cork jet seals soaked overnight as suggested - the
tip about the teflon seals came in after I'd started the job. I have an SU
tuning kit, which I had used previously on a pair of HS6's. Unfortunately the
jet centering tool doesn't fit an H4 as the upper diameter is too large, so I
had to centre carefully with the needle in place by trial and error. Quick and
easy on the rear carb, but the front carb was determined to tighten up to one
side and it took forever to persuade it to where it needed to go. Once I've got
everything tuned up, the whole lot comes off again for a head gasket job. I was
going to do the head gasket whilst the manifold was off, but decided I really
wanted to make sure the carb job was OK first.

Mike Brooks'56 BN2Scotland