[Healeys] Engine Block Filler for Healey Engine

Subject: [Healeys] Engine Block Filler for Healey Engine
From: manifold at telus.net (Harold Manifold)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:50:13 -0800
I would like advise and comments about the pros and cons of partially
filling the water jacket with engine block filler on a Healey 3000 engine.
For those who have not aware of this process here is a website for one the
products:

http://www.hardblok.com/

The engine I have was sitting idle for 35 years without draining any of the
coolant and I am concerned corrosion may have reduced the material thickness
between the oil gallery and the water jacket. I am contemplating filling the
block to just below the frost plugs primarily to reduce the chance engine
oil under pressure can migrate through porous parts of the block and into
the cooling water jacket.

Pros
Second barrier between oil gallery and water jacket
Stiffens the bottom of the piston sleeves
Keeps cylinders walls from flexing
Reduces blow by and piston wear

Cons
Reduces coolant volume
Reduces contact area between piston sleeves and water jacket
Cannot be removed

There is no going back if I decide to do this and I am wondering if the risk
is worth the reward.

Your comments are appreciated.

Harold