[Healeys] Replacing BJ8 windshield seal

Subject: [Healeys] Replacing BJ8 windshield seal
From: ah3000me at gmail.com (Tom)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 09:42:23 -0400
I'd like to replace rubber gasket between the windshield and body on my
BJ8.

>From the archives, the job looks like a PITA.  Is this job normally done
with the windshield in place, and I slide the new seal in a little at a
time?

Or should I remove the windowshield/frame from the car and install the new
seal?  It looks like the windshield frame attaches to the body with three
bolts on either side...  would removing the windshield from the car,
putting the seal in place with the windshield off, then putting the whole
thing back on be easier?

thanks,

Tom