[Healeys] rear axle wheel bearing locknut wrench?

Subject: [Healeys] rear axle wheel bearing locknut wrench?
From: banjojohn at cox.net (John O'Brien)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 18:23:05 -0500
Hi all:

I am trying to replace a leaky wheel bearing seal in my "65 BJ8. The nut
that locks the hub on is an 8 sided nut that I measured to be 2.1825"
across the flats.? Where do you get a socket to remove that nut.? My
original Healey workshop manual shows a special service tool in the back
for that purpose, but I don't have that.

Any other way of removing that nut?? according to the Moss catalog it
should be a left hand thread in the left side of the car where I am working.

Thanks for any collective wisdom.

John O'Brien

'65 BJ8

'61 Bugeye