[Healeys] speedometer Cable BJ8

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] speedometer Cable BJ8
From: "Robert Begani" <rfbegani@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 15:28:33 -0500

--===============6521775001657644715==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0643_01D4D29E.EEAD5670"

------=_NextPart_000_0643_01D4D29E.EEAD5670
        charset="us-ascii"

So as part of putting the tunnel and interior back together so I can go for
a ride soon, I looked at the speedo angle gear.   On the old gear the short
cable that fits into the trans had sheared off, so I installed a new angle
gear.  Just to see if that was working I installed the short piece of cable,
turned on the engine, engaged the gear and looked down and saw the piece of
cable spinning.  Then I took out the piece of cable and attached the speedo
cable to the dash.  It was not spinning.  Interesting.  So I removed the
cable from the housing and fit it into the angle drive gear and no movement.
Thinking it might be a problem of load, reinstalled the short piece, it
spins even when I apply hand pressure to the end.  Looking at the cable and
the housing and the fitting of the cable up to the stop, etc. cannot figure
why it does not spin.  Before I buy a new cable and housing do any of you
have ideas?

Bob Begani

------=_NextPart_000_0643_01D4D29E.EEAD5670
        charset="us-ascii"

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"; =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;
        text-decoration:none none;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>So as part of =
putting the tunnel and interior back together so I can go for a ride =
soon, I looked at the speedo angle gear. &nbsp;&nbsp;On the old gear the =
short cable that fits into the trans had sheared off, so I installed a =
new angle gear.&nbsp; Just to see if that was working I installed the =
short piece of cable, turned on the engine, engaged the gear and looked =
down and saw the piece of cable spinning.&nbsp; Then I took out the =
piece of cable and attached the speedo cable to the dash.&nbsp; It was =
not spinning.&nbsp; Interesting.&nbsp; So I removed the cable from the =
housing and fit it into the angle drive gear and no movement.&nbsp; =
Thinking it might be a problem of load, reinstalled the short piece, it =
spins even when I apply hand pressure to the end.&nbsp; Looking at the =
cable and the housing and the fitting of the cable up to the stop, etc. =
cannot figure why it does not spin.&nbsp; Before I buy a new cable and =
housing do any of you have ideas?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Bob =