Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights

To: "R. Lindsay" <050.rpl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 21:51:10 -0400
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=rQYn434FwRETSMeiunn2lFqiHA174SIQHXJeNccRx0dIGQHNXoCab9JWBlA/kfCeTx9392wHD6mSskuBOLrhFTd0NXGN88pZMjhHnMVRN7eIMbusvaYzkrthyGv/kKOyrn6frkIjkSHx1hqWFcQJCWVmHgqqjj1DxQ9aZHW52WKYUZohAza5yOyDl/TdohqtxL4AKjNIJwOgPbsD1kIfOqe3CEHmrik1SGORj2FeGzPOG8Dzgp6Xp5O3pAA+fegHjEfwxbUSXqRnc4T3qGbqXIy2kYDZFBLoiNTFclBscc8Bngc8QqgEuMtq5lozRrte18KlselYGgnqcGaR7QrgPg==; h=Received:Subject:To:References:From:Cc:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
Price,

So you're saying that both switches are hooked up now and only the
mechanical switch was before?

How is the mechanical switch tied into the harness?  At the original
hydraulic switch?  So there are there is a pair of wires on each post?
If so, make sure that each pair has a wire from the harness and a wire
from the mechanical switch.  If the two harness wires are tied together,
then you've bypassed the switches and the brake lights will be on.

I would also disconnect each switch from the harness and check
continuity across the switch.  The hydraulic switch normally fails open,
but if either is closed all the time, then the lights will be on.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 MkI registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php