Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights

To: Healey Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights
From: Tom <ah3000me@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:25:29 -0400

--0000000000006b1af605846000b5

The most recent AHCUSA club magazine had an article written by Roger Moment
advocating mechanical brake switches.   My original pressure switch
required a lot of pressure to light the brakes, so I installed a mechanical
10 years ago.   When the mechanic switch failed last year, I realized the
pressure switch wasn't working at all.

Seems like the mechanical switch is a really wise idea.

- Tom

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 1:39 AM Al Fuller <alfuller194@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bob - before you give up on the mechanical switch you may want to check i=
> with an ohm meter...
>
> I have several mechanical switches here - two are normally open and one i=
> normally closed [lever-arm switch].  If it is normally closed it would gi=
ve
> you the symptoms you describe.
>
> Al Fuller

n by Roger Moment advocating mechanical brake switches.=C2=A0 =C2=A0My orig=
inal pressure switch required a lot of pressure to light the brakes, so I i=
nstalled a mechanical 10 years ago.=C2=A0 =C2=A0When the mechanic switch fa=
iled last year, I realized the pressure switch wasn&#39;t working at all.=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 1=
:39 AM Al Fuller &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:alfuller194@gmail.com";>alfuller194@g=
"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-le=
ft:1ex">Bob - before you give up on the mechanical switch you may want to c=
heck it with an ohm meter...=C2=A0 <br>
I have several mechanical switches here - two are normally open and one is =
normally closed [lever-arm switch].=C2=A0 If it is normally closed it would=
 give you the symptoms you describe.<br>
Al Fuller<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>