Re: [Healeys] car suddenly dies

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] car suddenly dies
From: MIKE LEWIS via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 20:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_8809337_1707560205.1553113302911

Hey Michael,I went through something similar with my 100M couple of years a=
go,=C2=A0 After going over everything as you described and as others have s=
uggested, determined it was one of the white wires going to the fuse box, o=
ne coming from the coil.=C2=A0 Turns out the white wire ends twisted togeth=
er to fit into the fuse box had one that was just loose enough that it woul=
d slightly separate from the other three terminating together and lose cont=
act and car would stop running.=C2=A0 If you looked it appeared okay but ba=
rely touching the wire it came separated from the other three and that was =
it. Apparently it would lose contact if you hit a bump or something and you=
 stopped.=C2=A0 Of course getting out and back into the car might just as e=
asily provide enough bounce that the wire came back into contact and the ca=
r would start. Only found it by accident but since I made sure those 4 wire=
 ends were twisted together tightly, have not had the problem again.=C2=A0 =
I actually soldered the ends together and made for a nice connection with t=
he fuse box.=C2=A0 Before finding this I had changed out the kill switch an=
d an electric fuel pump trying to fix the problem.=C2=A0=20
RegardsMike Lewis

------=_Part_8809337_1707560205.1553113302911

of years ago,&nbsp; After going over everything as you described and as oth=
ers have suggested, determined it was one of the white wires going to the f=
use box, one coming from the coil.&nbsp; Turns out the white wire ends twis=
ted together to fit into the fuse box had one that was just loose enough th=
at it would slightly separate from the other three terminating together and=
 lose contact and car would stop running.&nbsp; If you looked it appeared o=
kay but barely touching the wire it came separated from the other three and=
 that was it. Apparently it would lose contact if you hit a bump or somethi=
ng and you stopped.&nbsp; Of course getting out and back into the car might=
 just as easily provide enough bounce that the wire came back into contact =
and the car would start. Only found it by accident but since I made sure th=
ose 4 wire ends were twisted together tightly, have not had the problem aga=
in.&nbsp; I actually soldered the ends together and made for a nice connect=
ion with the fuse box.&nbsp; Before finding this I had changed out the kill=
 switch and an electric fuel pump trying to fix the problem.&nbsp; <br>

/font></div>
------=_Part_8809337_1707560205.1553113302911--

--===============3396092946054345594==