Re: [Healeys] 100 alloy head

To: Lou G <lgalper1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 alloy head
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 14:36:55 +0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>

--00000000000042ee630591a05137

The Ali head probably needs to be retorqued a little more often than a
steel head.... 10 years is a while, probably why the gasket blew.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 4:07 AM Lou G <lgalper1@cox.net> wrote:

> I=E2=80=99ve been using the DW head for about 10 years. No problems till =
last week
> when white smoke came out on startup.  No white smoke since then, but may=
be
> Roland will come over to pull head.  !
> Using the stock copper head gasket the whole time.
> Now AH Spares advertises a newly engineered head for those looking.
> Thankfully we have some choices.
>
> Lou
> AHC San Diego
>

> Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 alloy head
>
> I bought a Denis Welsh head. It is a simple bolt on but you are going to
> add  their studs and nuts and a steel cylinder head gasket - at least tha=
> is what I did. Go to the web site and read all that applies to cylinder
> heads. You can buy a bare head or one that has been prepped for street or
> competition. It is cheaper to buy from the UK than from the US resellers.
> I only have 70 miles on my BN1 but so far so good.
>
> -Roland
> BN1 #724
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--00000000000042ee630591a05137

often than a steel head.... 10 years is a while, probably why the gasket bl=
r">On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 4:07 AM Lou G &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lgalper1@cox.=
ote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,20=
4);padding-left:1ex">I=E2=80=99ve been using the DW head for about 10 years=
. No problems till last week when white smoke came out on startup.=C2=A0 No=
 white smoke since then, but maybe Roland will come over to pull head.=C2=
=A0 !<br>
Using the stock copper head gasket the whole time.=C2=A0 <br>
Now AH Spares advertises a newly engineered head for those looking. <br>
Thankfully we have some choices.=C2=A0 <br>
Lou<br>
AHC San Diego <br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 alloy head<br>
I bought a Denis Welsh head. It is a simple bolt on but you are going to ad=
d=C2=A0 their studs and nuts and a steel cylinder head gasket - at least th=
at is what I did. Go to the web site and read all that applies to cylinder =
heads. You can buy a bare head or one that has been prepped for street or c=
ompetition. It is cheaper to buy from the UK than from the US resellers.=C2=
=A0 I only have 70 miles on my BN1 but so far so good.<br>
-Roland<br>
BN1 #724<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=