Re: [Healeys] Seats

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seats
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 17:14:29 -0700
Cc: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000f427bb0591eb705d

People I know with miata seats like them. Plus they have eadio speakers
built into the head rest section. I think they look odf. But I have made
changes to my car to fit my needs,  so do what makes you happy. There are
lots of purest bullshit opinions.  Ignore them.
Cheers

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 2:30 PM Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com> wrote:

> List
> This thread has stirred up some real discussion both pro and con.  I have
> seen and considered this conversion after seeing a couple of cars at
> various events over the years.  I did not have the opportunity to speak
> with the owners however.
>
> I would like to hear from those who have actually installed the Miata
> seats or the MGB seats.  Both positive and negative comments.
>
> How do the seats fit with the emergency break handle?  Is there room to
> operate the break handle quickly and easily if there is an emergency?  With
> the seats installed, how about the feel and fit position themselves?  Do
> the seats face the dash squarely?  Does a taller driver fit in the car?
> How much fore and aft travel do the seats really have?  For the taller
> driver, as stated by someone, can the seats be "reclined" somewhat for a
> better driving position and if so, how far?  Would those who have actually
> made the switch do it again?
>
> I try to keep my car as stock looking as possible.  So far, people only
> notice the alternator.  But, that said, this conversion might be sensible,
> keeping in mind both safety, comfort and control of the car.  This would
> definitely change the look of the car.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Fred
> 66BJ8
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--000000000000f427bb0591eb705d

eadio speakers built into the head rest section. I think they look odf. But=
 I have made changes to my car to fit my needs,=C2=A0 so do what makes you =
happy. There are lots of purest bullshit opinions.=C2=A0 Ignore them.<div d=
ir=3D"auto">Cheers<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature" dir=3D"au=
to">Ira Erbs<br>Portland, OR<br>typos and artifacts are the fault of my pho=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 2:30 PM Fred Wescoe &lt;<a href=3D"mai=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #c=
cc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"lt=
his thread has stirred up some real discussion both pro and con.=C2=A0 I ha=
ve seen and considered this conversion after seeing a couple of cars at var=
ious events over the years.=C2=A0 I did not have the opportunity to speak w=
those who have actually installed the Miata seats or the MGB seats.=C2=A0 B=
ts fit with the emergency break handle?=C2=A0 Is there room to operate the =
break handle quickly and easily if there is an emergency?=C2=A0 With the se=
ats installed, how about the feel and fit position themselves?=C2=A0 Do the=
 seats face the dash squarely?=C2=A0 Does a taller driver fit in the car?=
=C2=A0 How much fore and aft travel do the seats really have?=C2=A0 For the=
 taller driver, as stated by someone, can the seats be &quot;reclined&quot;=
 somewhat for a better driving position and if so, how far?=C2=A0 Would tho=
div>I try to keep my car as stock looking as possible.=C2=A0 So far, people=
 only notice the alternator.=C2=A0 But, that said, this conversion might be=
 sensible, keeping in mind both safety, comfort and control of the car.=C2=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" targ=