[Healeys] More on exhaust

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] More on exhaust
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 18:22:27 -0400
After that long thread on down pipes, I have an exhaust question for you.
I had sealed my down pipe/ manifold seams with gaskets made from Remflex
(graphite based material)
and it worked very well. I pressurized my system and donâ??t appear to have any
leaks.

My complaint is that I get exhaust blowing into the cockpit- when Iâ??ve got
the top down and Iâ??m sitting in traffic- if I have the top up and the back
window unzipped, especially with the door windows up.
As long as Iâ??m moving when the topâ??s down Iâ??m OK, and if I have the
cockpit all closed up itâ??s fine as well.
Now I realize youâ??re bound to get some exhaust smell, depending on which way
the wind is blowing, but Iâ??m wondering if I should try to find some exhaust
tips that point down, or maybe lengthen them a little.
I guess weâ??re all used to much cleaner tail pipe emissions, but I really find
every stoplight an ordealâ?¦I know, Healeys arenâ??t made for city traffic, but
Iâ??m usually on my way out of town!

Stephen, BJ8