Re: [Healeys] Remote reservoir cap

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Remote reservoir cap
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 23:09:56 +0100

--------------9C6F57657F785F54E97688C7

I have used Eesybleed for donkey's years to my satisfaction. The only
downside are the caps that are supplied with the kit. Older kits had
weak aluminium or thin plated steel caps that did not hold well and
could fly of the brake fluid reservoir. I think they improved on that
nowadays.

That is why I used  modified original caps for some of the cars I have had.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 3-11-2019 om 22:40 schreef Don via Healeys:
> I bought the EZ Bleeds system from Moss. Comes with 4 or 5 different
> size caps . One of them should work for you . You take your spare tire
> , let out the air till around the prescribed PSI and your all set to
> go . Other people sell them and Iâ??m sure you could get it on E Bay
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 3, 2019, at 4:10 PM, Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> I probably have one Ira but a word of caution ... be very careful how
>> much pressure you apply!
>> I have a Snap On pressurizing bleeder system which works very well
>> BUT at anything over about 5 P.S.I. there is a serious risk of
>> blowing the standard cap off the reservoir and spraying brake fluid
>> everywhere.
>> I use a wheel bearing grease cap, with a rubber seal in which I
>> secure to the reservoir with a pair of spring clips off an old ski boot.
>> <image.png>
>> Okay, it looks a bit crude but it has served me very well for at
>> least 30 years!!

>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 12:36 AM i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com
>>
>>     Looking for a cap for the clutch/ brake reservior for my bn4. I
>>     want to put an air fitting in it to pressurize my system to help
>>     bleed the brakes.
>>     Cost plus shipping to 97219
>>     Portland, Oregon
>>
>>     Ira Erbs
>>     Portland, OR
>>     typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone
>>
>>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/fsufan1952@yahoo.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------9C6F57657F785F54E97688C7

  <head>
  </head>
      only downside are the caps that are supplied with the kit. Older
      kits had weak aluminium or thin plated steel caps that did not
      hold well and could fly of the brake fluid reservoir. I think they
      improved on that nowadays. <br>
      have had.</p>
      Healeys:<br>
      cite="mid:56189B71-26DC-45A9-99AD-BA58965E53F5@yahoo.com">
      I bought the EZ Bleeds system from Moss. Comes with 4 or 5
      different size caps . One of them should work for you . You take
      your spare tire , let out the air till around the prescribed PSI
      and your all set to go . Other people sell them and Iâ??m sure you
      could get it on E Bay <br>
          Salter <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com";>&lt;michaelsalter@gmail.com&gt;</a>
wrote:<br>
              ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I probably have one Ira but
              a word of caution ... be very careful how much pressure
              you apply!</div>
              ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have a Snap On
              pressurizing bleeder system which works very well BUT at
              anything over about 5 P.S.I. there is a serious risk of
              blowing the standard cap off the reservoir and spraying
              brake fluid everywhere.</div>
              ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I use a wheel bearing
              grease cap, with a rubber seal in which I secure to the
              reservoir with a pair of spring clips off an old ski boot.</div>
              ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">
                well for at least 30 years!!</div>
              12:36 AM i erbs &lt;<a href="mailto:eyera3000@gmail.com";
                moz-do-not-send="true">eyera3000@gmail.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
              0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
              rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                reservior for my bn4. I want to put an air fitting in it
                to pressurize my system to help bleed the brakes.
                    Portland, OR<br>
                    typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone</div>
              Support Team.Net <a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel="noreferrer"
                target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>