[Healeys] Oil Pumps

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Oil Pumps
From: richard mayor <boyracer466@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 15:43:46 -0800

--00000000000071155f059b1ca68a

We racers have known about the dangers of using the rotor style pumps for
decades. I personally know more than half a dozen racers who destroyed
their camshafts using high volume oil pumps back in the 90s - including me.
I lost two camshafts!  Jeff Johnk built a test bed, did extensive testing
of more than 50 hours on both style pumps, and wrote an exhaustive article
that appeared in the May, 1998, issue of Chatter, entitled Pumped Up For
Racing.
I suggest than anyone who is thinking about using a rotor style pump read
this article first.
Think about this for a minute. The rotor style pump caused problems in the
2.6 liter 100/6 motors. Austin changed to a gear style pump a month or so
into the production of the 2.9 liter 3000 motors and the problems went
away. Why would anyone want to use a 100/6 oil pump?

--00000000000071155f059b1ca68a

otor style pumps for decades. I personally know more than half a dozen race=
rs who destroyed their camshafts using high volume oil pumps back in the 90=
s - including me. I lost two camshafts!=C2=A0 Jeff Johnk built a test bed, =
did extensive testing of more than 50 hours on both style pumps, and wrote =
an exhaustive article that appeared in the May, 1998, issue of Chatter, ent=
nking about using a rotor style pump read this article first.</div><div> Th=

--===============5585735747610925723==