Re: [Healeys] USPS

To: David Lodge <emmgeeteesee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] USPS
From: Mirek Sharp via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:58:44 -0400
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-8C227BD3-7535-414D-A006-6BA11EE473B6
        charset=utf-8

I recently ordered some brass frost plugs from the UK.  The packaged arrived=
 but had been neatly cut at the base, presumably for Canada Customs to inspe=
ct the contents, but they never taped it back up.  Consequently I was delive=
red an empty jiffy-pack! The second order came through just fine.  A few yea=
rs ago I had a 1930s Lucas distributor sent from the UK which tracking said a=
rrived in Canada, but it was returned to the sender because Canada Customs d=
estroyed the shipping address when they opened it. Like the frost plugs, the=
 second attempt was successful.  Makes you scratch your head and wonder does=
n't it.

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 23, 2021, at 3:43 PM, David Lodge via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.n=
et> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> I bought a used part from someone in the US only to have the package "retu=
rned to sender" for no apparent reason!  Evidently US Customs is the culprit=
.  I have copies of the shipping label here and it has no fewer than four of=
ficial-looking stamps on it after it was accepted for mailing!    Beware, th=
is could happen to you!  Interestingly. I have mailed stuff from here in Can=
ada to the US without ever having had a problem.
> Has anyone else been subjected to this lunacy?
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/m.g.shar=
p@sympatico.ca
>=20

--Apple-Mail-8C227BD3-7535-414D-A006-6BA11EE473B6
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">I recently ordered some brass frost plugs f=
rom the UK. &nbsp;The packaged arrived but had been neatly cut at the base, p=
resumably for Canada Customs to inspect the contents, but they never taped i=
t back up. &nbsp;Consequently I was delivered an empty jiffy-pack! The secon=
d order came through just fine. &nbsp;A few years ago I had a 1930s Lucas di=
stributor sent from the UK which tracking said arrived in Canada, but it was=
 returned to the sender because Canada Customs destroyed the shipping addres=
s when they opened it. Like the frost plugs, the second attempt was successf=
ul. &nbsp;Makes you scratch your head and wonder doesn't it.<br><br><div dir=
e">On Aug 23, 2021, at 3:43 PM, David Lodge via Healeys &lt;healeys@autox.te=
ir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:Hel=
vetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=3D"ltr" d=
ata-setdir=3D"false"><div><div>I bought a used part from someone in the US o=
nly to have the=20
package "returned to sender" for no apparent reason!&nbsp; Evidently US=20
Customs is the culprit.&nbsp; I have copies of the shipping label here and i=
 has no fewer than four official-looking stamps on it after it was=20
accepted for mailing!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Beware, this could happen to you!&nb=
sp;=20
Interestingly. I have mailed stuff from here in Canada to the US without
 ever having had a problem.<br></div>Has anyone else been subjected to this l=
e></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-8C227BD3-7535-414D-A006-6BA11EE473B6--

--===============1527059052244188579==