Re: not forgotten or ignored

To: "Gregory W. Gillette" <gillette@aiinc.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: not forgotten or ignored
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:39:17 -0600
Your mention of the two club.... brings up and interesting point.... In my
youth I have always looked up to those guys who could dream up a car and
set a record... and ultimately those records ended them up in the Two
club... well it follows reason that now I am an adult and getting into Land
speed racing and I really feel this is the last place a little guy like
myself can set a national record...

The Two club recognizes that record as an established fact... not politics
or personalities and or current rules... and regulations governing how the
course is laid out.... I just wanna run my car and be part of the
faturnatiy you guys call racers....I don't want the pressures of big
sponsors..(though if you have the money and want to fund the effort feel
free... Snickering a bit here) I just want to go and drive a car on that
sacred ground and hang out... drink beer and generally have a nice time....

I would love to leave the politics of this to folks who don't have anything
better to do....... unless we are talking about the guys who make up the
sanctioning committees who work their hearts out so guys like me can
race....and not worry about the meet or about rain or failure to make
expenses... and so on.. to them I take my hat off and offer a word of
thanks...

oh and to all who made effort to preserve the salt.. so maybe one day my
sons can continue this effort... yeah that's the ticket...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)