Chuck's rule question

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chuck's rule question
From: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@ivic.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:40:46 -0800
Hi Chuck,
I ran your question by Grumpy (Doc Jeffries)

>  Here's the first of my "can I get away with this?" questions.  I'm
using
>ECTA's rulebook, so there may be some additional details in the SCTA
rules.
>In the /GCC rules it says window openings can be covered by flat
plates on
>the outside of the opening, while altered rules require them to be
mounted
>on the inside of the opening.  What's the bottom line for /MS?  What
I'd
>like to do is mount lexan on the outside of the door frames.  Can the
>leading and trailing edges of the lexan extend slightly past the
frame to
>cover the entire door opening, or is this illegal streamlining?

We had the same question years ago while running the 'Car of All
Classes'.  Grumpy says "PUNT"

On further discussion he says no you absolutely could NOT cover the
entire door opening.   Ours was mounted on the outside and we had a
driver's net mounted on the inside.

Wendy Jeffries,
Bonneville Racing News