RE: bike question

To: "'Joe Amo'" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>,
Subject: RE: bike question
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:11:43 -0400
Hey, I've been busy and just now realised that this stream of questions
might bring closure to something that's cornfused me:  When does "front
fender coverage" and "may not extend lower than..." end and "There must be
no streamlining forward of the front edge of the front rim" begin?

Am I safe in interpreting this to mean that wheel-mounted fenders aren't
considered streamlining (at least in this particular aspect)?  That the word
"streamlining" applies to body-mounted pieces - fairing, air intake,
windscreen, whatever...but as long as the fender meets the other rules - it
is okay to have a very streamlin-y front fender?

This question has nagged me -- I'd really like a nice definitive answer.
Thanks.

            Jon E. Wennerberg
    Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
           #436 M/PS/G 1340 CC
2001: 200.471 mph - 2002 GOAL: 220.554++mph
        Marquette, Michigan 49855
          (That's Way Up North)