RE: New on the album: North American Eagle on-track

To: jkamo@rushmore.com
Subject: RE: New on the album: North American Eagle on-track
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:15:27 +0000
Jon ..... and you just verified my point.

I grew up around horses and was taught to respect them and use proper caution
around them.  Horses can think for themselves and will usually avoid doing
something dangerous unless they are  trying to get rid of a rider.  We call it
horse sense.

You know what you wear and are required to do to pass tech with motorcycles.
People get on ATV's, often without proper training and get banged up because
they don't avoid doing something dangerous.  They go too fast over unfamiliar
terrain and aren't prepared for the hazards they encounter.  We call it
stupidity.
A close friend broke his back and became a paraplegic in an accident with a
stationary tractor.  He didn't respect the power take off belt.  He said it was
a stupid thing to do.

Going fast can be dangerous and racers have proven over the years that there
are ways to help protect yourself in the event of an incident.  That's why we
have rules for builders/racers and safety inspections.  Most of the rules in
the rule books are to protect ourselves from ourselves.  Ed Shadle doesn't race
his car at a sanctioned event on the salt flats without passing tech
inspection, but the North American Eagle has yet to pass tech.  Would you
rather go fast in Marlo's new car or in Ed's "Eagle"?  How many  of those
people in the ICU were going over 400 MPH in the process of getting hurt?

Wes