Converting halon systems

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Converting halon systems
From: Ironwigwam2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:05:50 EDT
Does anyone have any experience converting a halon fire bottle from a push
activation to a pull cable activation. I want to move the bottle out of the
cockpit to behind the rear wheel.
   The cockpit is just a little cramped and I need the extra room  for my
legs. From what I see on various manufacturers sites, it's  pretty  straight
forward to change the valve.
   I didn't see anything advising against it in the rules. UI  hate to say
that of all the motorcycle streamliners I looked at I never paid  much
attention
to the fire system. Should have
   Thanks in advance. we're getting closer.
   Rick