Re: Fuel System Rule Question

To: "John Romero" <delsolid@gmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel System Rule Question
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 21:05:31 -0600
If I remember right, the drag race sanctioning bodys started requiring 360
degree shields because the clutch-flywheel explosions were blowing holes in
their drag strips.Before that, only the upper half was required for driver
protection. The Palomides (sp) aluminum shield would break when the clutch
exploded, and would put large dents in the floorboards itself, but at least
you still had your feet, etc.

Ron Gibson, Omaha NE