Wrist Pins

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wrist Pins
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:53:08 -0500
I got a new ring coming to me from O'Connor Classics, thanks for the help
from the list.

Now I have another problem.  According to the manual and Horst Schach's
book, whomever built the engine before put the con rods in backwards.

I have removed and turned around the con rods on three of the pistons,
but the fourth is giving me trouble.  The wrist pin was real difficult to
remove, although it pivoted while in the piston fine.  Now I can't get it
back in without some serious banging, which I am loathe to do and which
I'm sure shouldn't be necessary.  I am going to take it to a machine shop
to have it checked out.

Any other suggestions?  Did I do something wrong?

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD