Re: overheating TF

To: bobpeck@mother.com, brgmgb@napanet.net
Subject: Re: overheating TF
From: BJCJ1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 11:40:30 EDT
Bob, I just caught the tail end of the discussion on your engine.  But the
last one I noticed that their was some comments on using two head gaskets.

I just had my engine milled for a total overhaul, and I found that I also
needed two gaskets because we couldn't zero out the rocker assembly because
it was milled.  I was going to use two gaskets but my MG mechanic talked me
out of it.  Instead, we used shims under the rocker assembly.  I just needed
one set of shims.  Now I am glad he talked me out  ot it.  My engine runs
great, and I don't worry about blowing a head gasket either.

Have you thought about putting shims under the rocker assembly insteadd of
two head gaskets?

Bob
Freehold, NJ