Re: Water Pump Replacement Adventure Continues...

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water Pump Replacement Adventure Continues...
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:31:05 +1000
David and Nels

<but please beware of the dreaded Metric threads on our cars>

That's why I specified M8 X 1mm. The ISO metric preferred pitch is 1.25mm
and that's what will usually be offered to you.

However ISO metric Fine is 1mm pitch, so you can still get useable taps,
dies, screws, etc; however you have to be quite specific about the pitch
required.

The majority of the threads in the engine/gearbox are 6X1, 8X1, 10X1.5 or
12X1.5. There are also a couple of M5 but I can't remember the pitch for
those.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC