Re: found V8 T-5 $75.00/installation questions

To: jphillips@cvalley.net
Subject: Re: found V8 T-5 $75.00/installation questions
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:26:00 -0500
Cc: v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Get the yoke before it gets away, or just cut the end off. When you have a drive
shaft made, you will have the option of a new or used yoke.  In the mean time,
you
have a butt plug so your tranny won't leak.

That is a Buick flywheel. The ring can be cut away by your machine shop when
they
balance & re-drill your complete clutch assembly with the flywheel. You did
intend
to have all that balanced anyway, didn't you? Use the S-10 assembly, clutch &
pressure plate. They are usually sold as a set with a throwout bearing, which
you
will not use, including a plastic alignment tool, which you will use.

I had a new driveshaft made a few months ago for the project car. New yoke &
rear
flange, new U-joints installed, new tube, the assembly balanced, $130.00. Look
for a
spring shop that caters to large trucks. They usually make drive shafts as well.
Normally, very nice people to deal with. Talk to them first & find out how they
want
measurements taken to determine the correct length of the drive shaft. Different
shops like different ways of doing things. They are the pros, so do it their
way.
Also ask about payment. Some do not take checks, all take cash.

Jim Stuart