Wheel hub Splines??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel hub Splines??
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 08:01:56 -0400
I was working on the 67BGT last night and I have questions about the
condition of the splines on my wheel hub.

I took off the front wheel and looked at the splines on the wheel. They
seemed to be much shorter where they mate with the splines on the hub,
which as far as I can tell they are fine.

brake  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^                             Knock
of wheel                                       side of wheel
splines

Does my picture make sense? Should the splines on the wheel hub be the
same height all the way across from the inside to the outside? If so what kind
of job is it to change the hub on the wheel?

- -Mark Jurras

      = =o&o