Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 10:13:39 CST
> Date sent:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 08:20:18 -0400
> From:           jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
> To:             mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject:        Clutch Slave Cylinder
> Send reply to:  jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)

> I took the Clutch Slave Cylinder (CSC) off last night and found the bore to
>be quite pitted in the front and rear. Needless to say it leaked like a sieve.
>The piston has some spots of corrosion. The

> Is this worth a rebuild or re-sleave? Or should I just replace the whole
>mess??
>
> - -Mark Jurras      = =o&o

Replace it, Mark.  Rebuilding might work OK, but replacement is a
permanent repair.  BTW, after reassembly, totally flush out the
hydraulic system with new fluid.  The pitting came from moisture in
the system that will immediatly begin attacking the replacement
cylinder if the fluid isn't also replaced with fresh, uncontaminated
fluid.