[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Engine Help Required

To: Denise Thorpe <>
Subject: Re: Engine Help Required
From: Tom LeBlanc <>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 11:30:37 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> If you want to do the minimum machining, you can get these things, I
> can't remember the name; they're like threads of Play-Doh.  You put
> a piece on the face of each journal bearing, assemble everything, torque
> it to spec, and then disassemble everything.  The width of the squashed
> thread tells you the clearance in that journal. -snip- Does anybody know 
> the name of these things?
Plastigauge (tm) of Michigan Bearing I think.  And it is oil soluble, so 
make sure the bearings and crank are dry when you apply it.

Thomas Le Blanc                            E-mail:<>
Admissions Assistant                 www:<>
Graduate Division, University of California        Telephone:(805) 893-8240
Santa Barbara,CA 93106-2070, USA                   Facsimile:(805) 893-8259 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>