Re: Midget Starter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Starter
From: Railroad2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 10:40:31 -0500
Any responses you get blaming battery connections are probably right on the
mark.  I work with electricity all the time, and yet I'm always dumbfounded
(and fooled) by bad connections in the starter system.  Check the battery
terminals and perhaps the other heavy duty connections going down to the
starter and also the connection from the battery to chassis ground.  Since
we're dealing with a relatively high current but low voltage circuit, a
little bit of oxidation can create a lot of electrical resistance.  High
voltage will often blast right through the crud, but 12 volts just can't cut
it (the crap, that is).  On the other hand, a nice clean positive to negative
connection from a car battery will weld the hell out of whatever's in the way
once all that current has a path to follow, so watch out.

Glen