Re: Front License Plates

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front License Plates
From: bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 19:07:36 -0500

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann) wrote:
>Could some kind soul end a controversy raging here in Oz about whether front
>plates are required in the USA.  We currently have front and rear plates but
>there is a proposal to delete the front plates.
>
>Since all cars are made here, Japan, Asia and Europe have provision for the
>plate it would seem that all you would have is an untidy blank spot on the
>front bumper.  I recall from a 1960s visit to the US that, in Louisiana at
>least the cars seemed to have Confederate flage and the like in place of the
>front plate.
>
>Thanks
>Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
>gmccann@pcug.org.au
>06 2889055
>

>.
Graham as you can see from the replies, most states require a front plate, but
many do not. Its hard for non Americans to understand that in many respects we
are fifty separate countries, and the lack of conformity where there is no
national standard is really something.

As to what to put in the space, anything, that fits from a cute saying ( my
other car is an MG) to any design etc. you like.

Mike Leckstein