Re: Tuxedo et al

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Tuxedo et al
From: BLECKSTEIN@SHELL.MONMOUTH.COM
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 18:28:26 -0400

On Sun, 05 May 1996, Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net> wrote:

>If there are any other TD or TF owners listening, drop the MGA rear
>into your cars. The 4.3 is the way to go. Sure, the hills may slow you
>down a bit but that's why downshifting works. Aside from lower revs
>and less screaming from the engine you get a very usable third gear
>for all around town driving.

I am one foolish TF driver who likes a stock rear. I Know it is harder on the
engine, but I drive more often on back roads and around town where the stock
rear provides the go when you need it. The trips to GOF's are tough on the
interstate so I go a little slower. In the end the car was designed for the
rolling hills and curved roads and the stock rear provides the true pleasure of
this type of driving. I hope I don't change my mind at the next engine failure.

>It was a great MG weekend and now onto Carlisle.
>I will bring along some "MG Online Nametags to hand out at the MG
>Council meeting Sat.
>Keep drivin,
>Dave
>
>To all those coming to Carlisle the MG Council meeting is at 11 am Saturday.
>We
on the list can meet there or at 12:30 at the NEMGTR table under the
grandstand.
Note this is a half hour later, but the council meeting may run over an hour as
the final arrangements are made for Indy.

Mike Leckstein