Re: Distributor Mechanical Advance Springs????

To: "Glen R. Wilson" <railroad@itw.com>
Subject: Re: Distributor Mechanical Advance Springs????
From: fickes@apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 15:41:38 -0700
>Does anyone know if it's possible to order replacement springs for the
>centrifugal weights inside Lucas distributors?  When I opened mine up,
>there were two different springs.  I would think they'd be the same, eh?

Oddly enough, my experience, backed by the best mechanic I know, is that
the springs are indeed different.  Anyone out there know otherwise?  YMMV,
my experience is limited to my cars...  sf

Stan Fickes             '25 MG Super Sports 14/28
Wireless Communications '51 MGTD, under restoration
Apple Computer, Inc.    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite, daily driver
(408) 974-7653          '57 Chev Bel Air StWgn (seats 6!)
http://www.foundations.com/fickes/home.html