RE: [Fwd: Re: Questions about Suspension Upgrade Kits]

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Questions about Suspension Upgrade Kits]
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:35:00 -0700 (PDT)
On my 80 B I have:
lowered it with stiffer springs
installed V8 A Arm bushes ( a must )
installed Moss' tube conversion front and back (monroe)
and installed upgraded eye bushes in the leaf springs

I have 185 70 R14s on the rostyle wheels.
The car corners very well. The back is almost too stiff. If I had it to do
over again I would possibly consider installing shorter but not stiffer
springs and spending the $$ on the spax shock kit. Due to the larger wheel
size, I think I might benefit from a 3/4 front sway and I would love to put
minilites on. I would not bother with the coil over kit. If you want a car
that handles like a Jag go buy a Jag. My car has sad rockers and this
conversion doesn't help. I would imagine that the car will be very stiff
once I replace the rockers, so I have been told. I think is is definitely
worth it to lower the car but do check that all bushes dampers etc are in
good order.

Chris Reichle