Re: Roll bars, yea or nay

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bars, yea or nay
From: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 23:01:42
)
To: p-parkanzky@onu.edu
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

>>> No, It is NOT possible to get the bottomside of an MGB to point
>>> away from the center of the earth. This requires a violation of
>>> the laws of physics.

To which Bob Allen replied:

>>I ain't arguing but here is an ad from our Kansas City MG Car
>>Club Newsletter:
>>
>>WANTED: Convertible top with rail and/or frame for 1976 MGB. Ours
>>was destroyed in a rollover accident. Your assistance will be
>>appreciated. Dave Pittner, Florissant, Colo, (719) 748-3187.
>>
>>A'course, I ain't at all sure all them Coloradians are from
>>planet earth anymore.

Then Paul Parkanzky achimed in with:

>I too know a guy who rolled an MG (needed a ditch/creek to help
>him, but he got it over) end over end.  He and his passenger were
>OK (bumps/bruises), but a rollbar wouldn't have hurt.

To which I add that back in the days of my youth and much earlier
association with the Margue, I, too, managed to flip an MG end for
end. It happened to be a TC and we were on a rallye in the rain
when a rear tyre blew at speed in a corner. the car slid off the
road backwards into the ditch and over she went, at least once.
Both driver and navigator survived but we definitely could have
used a good roll bar and seat belts!

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Camarillo, California