Re: Roll bars, yea or nay

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Roll bars, yea or nay
From: brooked@bre.co.uk
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 09:38:22 EDT
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996 20:03:23 -0700 (PDT) Ulix Goettsch wrote:-

>I see a lot of MGs with rollbars around here and I always picture
what
>would happen if the car got rear-ended.  In this situation, the
driver's
>head would move upwards and backwards at a very high speed.  Just in
this
>direction, 3 inches away, I see a very rigid steel pipe.

Ulix,

Can you post a drawing or picture of how you sit in your MG, because
I'm having trouble understanding how the driver could move as you
describe.

I've had an accident in a BGT on a race track that involved stopping
from 60 mph straight backwards into a tyrewall. I'm 6ft tall, so
there's not much room between my helmet and the roof but I didn't
leave a dent in the roof.

Regards,

Dave

:Remember, its not the fall that kills - its stopping at the bottom!