Christmas, MGs, and Video Recorders

To: MG News Letter <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Christmas, MGs, and Video Recorders
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:44:46 +0000
Hi Folks:

Looking for advice on another LBC accessory. I've just completed a
wonderful fall tour and one of the fellows who came along tried to
take some video with his little Video Camera. He was actually
driving, shifting, and holding the camera up. The video was
interesting but certainly showed me there was potential, here.

So, the question, has anyone successfully mounted a video camera in
their car and had satisfactory results? I'll admit to being from the
stone age and never owned one of the devices. So any education would
be appreciated.

I'm assuming: "steady shot," 8 MM format (compact), color
viewfinder, 24x ZOOM, etc. What other buzzwords do I care about? And
is one brand better than any other for this sort of task?

BTW: The SO would love to have a nice video camera to take video of
the little crumb creepers that her daughters keep spitting out so,
as long as the camera will be up to that task, money is no object!

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT

--
*** STANDARD DISCLAIMER
*** Please assume all lines end with smiley face emoticon :-)