Re: Cold Red Light et al et al

To: ragthyme@fls.infi.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cold Red Light et al et al
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:25:41 -0500 (EST)
A few minutes ago, I wrote:

<<Anyone want to have a go at what sort of pandemic problems would arise
from not having a ground strap atall? I'd love to match that list up
with symptoms I've had and see just how bad this is. :)

This one is easy: To illustrate the effects of not having a ground strap at
all, just remove the battery. The effect is the same.

On second thought, I realized I misunderstood your question. You were not
talking about ALL ground straps, only the one around the motor mounts. I
would like to revise my answer, but it will take a little looking into. Will
get back to you after I've had a chance to study it.

The quick answer is that none of the engine mounted components will work,
such as starter, coil, etc, but there is the possibility that these devices
will find another ground path. If so, turning the starter will most likely
burn out that ground path.

Apologizes for the "quicky" answer!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN