Re: timing

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Subject: Re: timing
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 18:44:30 -0700
karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> What's the best way to set the timing on a '67 MGB. Is it better too use a
> timing light (if that's even possible since the timing marks are at the
> bottom of the pulley) or to do just adjust it till you get the highest idle
> speed without preignition. I've been using a static timing light but haven't
> been able to get it right.

Karim,

How could you NOT get it right using static timing?  Please explain what
seems to be going wrong.  IMHO, static timing is dead simple and
foolproof.  Put the timing marks at 10 degrees BTDC, hook up the 12V
static timing light (you do have one of those, don't you?) and use the
micrometer adjustment on the distributor to set it where the light just
comes on.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/