Re: FW: 2022

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: FW: 2022
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Jay Quinn wrote:

> Some of his friends that come over think that the
> Sprite is real cool.  I keep their interest peeked
> by telling them I'll let them drive it once it back
> in one piece (Once OK by Parents, with me in the car).
>
> That always starts them dreaming.  Then I'll ask them to
> hand me a tool and they have no clue as to what a 10mm
> box end hand wrench is, so I do a little explaining.

> Jay Quinn - Systems Engineer
> jpquinn@cyberramp.net
> http://www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn/index.htm
> '62 Healey Sprite MKII HAN6L2874

Well, not to bust your chops, but I think you are misreading the kid's
reactions when you ask them for the 10 mm wrench.  They may know perfectly
well what a 10 mm box end wrench is, but they are probably giving you a
blank stare because there are no 10 mm nuts to turn on a 62 Sprite.  Give
them a little credit.

WRG

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629