Re: Thanks, Advance, tire changes, jacks

To: william.eastman@medtronic.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thanks, Advance, tire changes, jacks
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:43:55 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-01 10:17:17 EDT, william.eastman@medtronic.com (Bill
Eastman) writes:

> This year I also bought a small 2 ton jack at
>  Target.  Having two hydraulic jacks is wonderful and I would recomend
doing
>  the same to everyone.  I always leave the big jack under the pumpkin and
>  block under the front wheels when I work under the car.  getting squished
>  is not my idea of fun.

FWIW, I had a few short pieces of 6X6 and 4X4 posts left over from a deck
project, and I also had a few door handles left over from a few garage door
replacements over the years. I put the handles on the pieces of wood, and
they have come in handy for many things. Whenever I have to work under my
car, in addition to following the usual rules of safety, I stack two or three
of these blocks next to me, close to the head/chest area. If the car should
fall for any reason, the blocks will save my bacon.

You can probably obtain these blocks free, or very cheaply, if you check
around a home construction site. They are usually burned when they clean up
the construction debris. The handles are not necessary, but since I had them,
I used them, and they make it easier to move the blocks while you are laying
on your back with oil in your eye.

Dan (a bit of a coward) Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74