Re: MG Cooling System, was asinine threads

To: aramm@concentric.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Cooling System, was asinine threads
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 15:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-04 15:04:28 EDT, aramm@concentric.net (Andy Ramm)
writes:

> Randy Johnson had a great suggestion about re-coring a radiator with a
>  thicker core and more tubes per inch.  Has anyone else tried this?  Are
>  there aftermarket radiators I can retrofit to increase cooling capability?
>  The car is a '67 BGT (and I'd eventually like to do this on my '69 B).
>  Would a later-type '78 on radiator be an improvement and is fitting these
>  simple or difficult?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Andy:

FWIW, I had a local radiator shop build a custom unit for my TR5.0. It was
made the to the same dimensions as the old one, but thicker. I gave the shop
the dimensions, including the locations of the mounting brackets, support
braces, etc, and the size and location of the hose connections. Basically, it
is a complete custom job. I could have had it longer, wider, etc, if needed.
The lotal cost for this was $265. That is less than a replacement radiator
would cost from the LBC vendors.

Worth looking into.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN