Re: Speaker Noise and 6 Volt vs 12 Volt Batteries

To: endicott@bellsouth.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speaker Noise and 6 Volt vs 12 Volt Batteries
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 15:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-04 15:20:53 EDT, endicott@bellsouth.net (Mark
Endicott) writes:

> For instance a given amp hour rating for a
>  6 volt battery may be 200 amp hours, and the same physical size 12 volt
>  battery will have an amp hour rating of 100 amp hours.

Mark:

Some interesting points! I would just like to add to the above, FWIW, that
the two batteries mentiond provide EXACTLY the same amount of energy! It
takes 200 amps at 6 volts to do the same amount of work (spin the starter,
power lights, etc.) as 100 amps at 12 volts.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74