Electronic Fuel Pump

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electronic Fuel Pump
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:56:58 -0400
Hi folks,
        Thanks to John Nelson for pointing out an electronic fuel pump fr=
om
Pep Boys for $30. (that looks exactly like the one in the Moss catalog). =

Let me know if you want more details about the pump.
        Anyway, I put it in and it seems to work just fine.  Here's some
questions:
On turning just the ignition on, the old SU pump would beat for about 10
sec then stop.  This electronic one just keeps on ticking away and doesn'=
stop.  Is this normal?
Needless to say, I didn't bother reading the 2 page instructions that cam=
with the pump until after I had finished.  It says someplace that " If th=
original pump is a combined fuel and vacuum pump then leave the pump in
place.  Disconnect the fuel lines from the pump and attach them together.=
 =

Do not remove the other vacuum lines"  What does all that mean?  There wa=
a hose (vacuum?) that was connected to the old SU.  Is the SU a combined
fuel and vacuum pump?
The instructions also say to position the pump so that the output end is
uppermost.  I hate to ask, but is that necessary?  If so, I'll have crawl=

back under and reposition the bloody thing.

Adrian