Re: MG Tunes

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MG Tunes
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 00:56:36 -0700
Larry Dickstein wrote:

>         Well, Mike, you seem like a fairly sharp kid.  What I would like
> you to do is copy your post, tuck it into the hidey hole that you deem
> safe and break it out whenever your soon to be 16 eldest child rags you
> for the car of his/her dreams.  See if it still has the same effect on
> you that it has today.  In other words, your OF father has been down this
> street before.  He's not messing w/ you 'cause you're not smart enough to
> make your own decisions.  It's not his first rodeo either---and I don't
> even know the man.  Believe me that at some point in your life you will
> realize that he is the very smartest man you have ever come across.  At
> least, I hope so.
>
> Larry Dickstein

Actually, Larry, you're right.  I think that he knew what he was doing.  That
Ply**uth was probably a better learning experience about autos than any
lecture.  I
learned that to have something nice, you either buy a new car or put some money
into
the one you have.  I also learned a pretty basic rule of life: you only get out
what
you put in.  I was bitter because i didn't get a convertible, but in
retrospect, that
Ply**uth was a better car for me.  It was almost like the old saying, "You have
suffer before you can sing the blues."
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College