LBC Appreciation - Cars/List/People

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC Appreciation - Cars/List/People
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 09:06:29 -0600 (MDT)
My affliction started with a Mini - a brand-spanking new teal blue '70. Paid
$1895 for it at the time. It was one of the very first in our town with the
roll-up windows, headrests and other new-for-the-year upgrades. Neat car. A
bit of a dog, however, which led to a blaze '71 (with the wonderful navy
interior). Slapped a set of Cosmic rims, wheels spacers and a Peco on that
jem and drove it through to '73, whereupon it was traded on my first B - a
red '71. A year later, that B was traded on a Vega (! musta been the bad
music at the time), and after a mere 90 days - sanity returned and it was
subsequently traded for the '70 BGT I still have....

A few short comments regarding list developments to date as it applies to
civility, and perhaps content. Some individuals really seem to have become
quite biting in their commentary - boardering on insulting. I suggest we
work to keep this list friendly, and above all civil. I agree with the
comment made about writing material in a form your mother would be able to read.

The beauty of this list and the majority of it's subscribers are the
feelings of comradery, insight and humour created by the various posts. I
find it very unnerving when the posturing and name calling begins. Granted,
there sure are some tangents that occur, but that too is the beauty of the list.

Finally, I also agree with the individual who suggest that thread names be
revised as the tangents occur.

Terry Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster