Re: Wrenches

To: pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: Wrenches
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:07:01 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-29 20:33:47 EDT, pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu writes:

> The "Quick Wrench" design does indeed work.  There is a point where the
>  nut is loose enough and the wrench turns into a standard wrench.

Thomas:

I agree with your assesment of these wrenches. There are times when they
would be worth their weight in gold. I don't think, however, that they would
replace a set of regular wrenchs. By their design, the open end of the wrench
only applies torque in one direction. That 15 degree offset off the head is a
life saver sometimes. Being able to flip the wrench in tight quarters is a
valuable feature. Agreed, the need for that feature will be lessoned somewhat
by the "ratcheting" nature of these wrenches, but if I had to have only one
set, I would keep the standard design.

I may change my mind after I have used them for a while, but that's my
opinion right now.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74