Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 22:05:29 -0400
Mark,

Hi there!  Not too sure what you mean - I've taken the bolts out.  Don't
think 3/8" tubing would go over the end of the con rods.

Regards,  Adrian  =

Message text written by Mark Moburg
>Adrian:  RIGHT NOW before you do anything else, go get some rubber hose
(about 3/8 in I.D.), cut 8 pieces about 1-1/2 inches long, and slide them=

over the bolt ends on your rods.  What you do not want to have happen is =
have one of those rod bolts ding a crank throw on the exposed bearing
running surface.  If this happens, you're going to have to have the crank=

reground.  ANY visible inperfection where the bearings run must be remove=
by turning the crank.<