Re: Radio

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu
Subject: Re: Radio
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:10:22 +0000

> Scott Gardner wrote:
>
> > > When I bought my '74 GT the guy kept his expensive radio. So I have no
> > > radio or tape/CD player. What brand/model do you folks suggest.
>
> Suggest you call Crutchfield ---  they probably have a kit for it!
>
> Gary
> 74 MGB

I actually didn't post the above quoted message, but I'd like to toss
in my two cent's worth on Crutchfield.
        As far as I'm concerned, they have the best customer service and
return policy in the business, as well as a great database as to what
will fit in the stock locations of most cars.  Talk to them about a
vehicle that's NOT in their database, and they're a little lost.
        I wish they carried more high-end equipment, but they're getting
better.  Most of their amplifiers are still distinctly
middle-of-the-road, though.  Their prices frankly aren't that good,
but you'll never get burned buying from them.  Once you've selected
the parts you want, see if you can get them cheaper from a local
store, but if you decide to mail-order, don't order from anyone else
but Crutchfield.  You'll end up wasting your life on warranty claims,
back-ordered parts, and shifty salespeople.
Scott