Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smog-legal webers? (was Advice to newcomer..)
From: Brian Furgalus <lennon80@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 12:49:14 -0400
I was reading through the responses of you wonderful people to my
origional enquiry anout the B, and the comment about the Weber DGV
caught my attention.  How does one go about passing emissions with one
of those things installed?  I've heard that raising the compression,
adding mild cam, and adding a weber is the best way to get performance
from the MGB, but I didn't know it was smog legal.  What components must
be installed?  Is a catalytic converter required?  Thanks.Leaning
towards RBB.