Weber Carb Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber Carb Questions
From: Glenn Wakefield <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
I just installed a good used Weber DGV on my 1973 MGB to replace some
badly worn on SU's.  I have two questions.
1.  About six months ago, I seem to remember seeing an email on this
list that listed, step by step, a simple way to tune this carb.  I
have searched around and can't seem to find it.  Does anyone have a
copy of it?  Suggestions on how to tune this carb would be welcome as
well.
2.  I am confused as to how to attach the throttle cable.  I think I
may be missing a part. I know where the throttle cable attaches.  The
problem is I can't figure out how to attach the end of the cable
jacket.  It must somehow attach to the gold colored bracket on the
front but the bracket only has a slot in it.  The slot is too big for
the jacket and it does not stay there.  Am I missing a part or am I
going about this all wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Glenn Wakefield
g_wakefield@yahoo.com