Re: Defogging inside of windscreen

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Defogging inside of windscreen
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:37:43 -0700 (PDT) (19:37 UT)
>In the 'mountains' of western Massachussets it often gets
 cool in the evening and I find that the windscreen fogs up.
 The GTs heater system is little help, and more often than
 not makes things worse.I've been pondering a solution based
 upon one of those little ceramic heater blowers that mounts
<to the dash -- but even if I increase the 'moisture absorbing'

 Before you go to a lot of exotic extremes, dismantle the heater and
deflector box.  The air deflectors use felt seals glued to the the steel
deflectors, and these usually come off after a few short decades.
Mine would go *fthup* whenever I turned it to 'Screen,' as the felt
would get blown into the outlet, plugging it.  I sliced a piece of
polyurethane foam and glued and pop-riveted it in place to replace the
felt.  It's been eighteen years, so I think it's holding....

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*